One of the most successful occupational treatments is the work hardening program. This goal oriented, measurable-outcome based treatment program uses real or simulated work activities to restore physical and vocational function.
- Improved range of motion, strength and endurance
- Increased functional abilities, physical demand level and workplace tolerance
- Improved symptom management
- Balance disorders, frequent falls
- Swift and safe return to work
- Functional capacity evaluations to assist in establishing return to work standards
If you are injured at work and require medical attention, we have a system in place to support your healthy recovery. Occupational rehabilitation involves your physician, your physical therapist, and a case manager or adjustor who monitors your safe return to work.
There are three key areas to address:
1. Immediate evaluation and care of the injury.
2. Communication between all parties involved. We follow a structured system designed to promote communication between the patient, physician, physical therapist and case adjustor/manager. This allows all parties to understand the individual's treatment plan, prognosis, and return-to-work status.
3. Ensuring the individual's safe return to work. Workplace Wellness and functional capacity evaluations are also offered.