Patient Administrator - Anchorage
Advanced Physical Therapy is hiring for a Patient Administrator
Do you have administrative medical or clinical office experience? Do you enjoy working with patients?Advanced Physical Therapy is the largest employee-owned practice in Alaska with five well-appointed clinics, and is currently seeking a Full-time Patient Administrator for our Anchorage, AK clinic.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and outgoing with strong people skills over the phone and in person. This position interacts with anywhere from 50 – 100 patients per day and will be expected to be professionally courteous and respectful to everyone. Our Patient Administrators are the face of our company and first impressions are key, the right candidate will be highly skilled in communication and scheduling.
As a Patient Administrator, your principal duties and responsibilities would include:
- Maintaining prompt regular attendance.
- Asserting a positive repertoire with the community, patients and other staff either on the phone or in person. You will be contacting patients over the phone and face-to-face, comfortability of interaction and mastery of the English language is required. A professional and courteous communication with caregivers, referral sources and patients is crucial. Building rapport and effective partnerships with patients and staff in all departments and at all APT locations would be a fundamental part of your day-to-day.
- Scheduling patient visits in accordance with patient availability and therapist’s plan of care. You will be reading patient prescriptions, determining the frequency of care and duration noted on current script or progress report. You will also provide therapists their daily patients visit list, and reach out to patients and conduct a reminder call prior to visit. Patient confidentiality is critical, you will be required to adhere to strict privacy rules and HIPAA.
- Maintaining Daily Summary of Charges (DSC) in collaboration with Billing staff. You will contact insurance companies and case managers to determine eligibility and coverage for care prescribed on current script or progress report.
- Checking patients in and out after their visits. You will greet patients as they arrive and notify clinicians of their patient arrival. You will also be responsible for collect co-pays and due balances as indicated on DSC, handling card payments, checks, and cash as needed.
- Using good time management skills to finish daily tasks on time, and integrate other assigned duties/tasks. You will need to be extremely detail oriented and be able to track and resolve multiple tasks throughout the day. Being an extremely organized individual will be a pivotal trait in this position.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required for this position. Prior knowledge of precertification protocols and experience in insurance is preferred. 1-2 Years of medical or clinical office administration experience is also preferred.
The working hours for this position will be 9:45am to 6:45pm Monday through Thursday, and 9:15am to 6:15pm on Fridays.
At Advanced Physical Therapy, Our Compensation is unparalleled!
Advanced Physical Therapy takes a holistic approach when considering compensation packages. Your total compensation includes salary, potential bonuses, continuing education, insurance coverage, and paid time off. The salary for this position will be dependent on experience, the beginning wage will be $16.00 per hour.
Our insurance package includes:
- Health, dental and vision insurance at 85% employer paid
- Generous PTO allowance
- Employer paid short term disability, long-term disability, professional liability
- 401(k) pension and profit sharing programs
- Eligibility to enroll in our Health & Welfare benefit plan will be first of the month following 60 days of continuous employment
Begin your adventure with us today, apply online and join our fantastic staff as we strive to create an environment of wellness and healing in the communities we serve!
Learn more about Advanced Physical Therapy and the services we provide by visiting our website: