Billing Administrator - Anchorage
Advanced Physical Therapy is hiring for a Billing Administrator in Anchorage!
Do you have medical or clinical office billing experience? Do you enjoy coordinating and communicating with patients? Advanced Physical Therapy is the largest employee-owned practice in Alaska with five well-appointed clinics, and is currently seeking a Full-time Billing Administrator for our Anchorage, AK clinic.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated individual with strong people skills over the phone and in person. This position interacts with anywhere from 30-50 patients per day and will be expected to be professionally courteous and respectful to everyone. The right candidate will be well rounded in all aspects of a full billing item cycle. This position requires a highly skilled individual that can process claims, interpret EOB’s, and relay coherent information to patients and insurance companies over the phone and in-person.
As a Billing Administrator, your principal duties and responsibilities would include:
- Maintaining prompt and regular attendance.
- Asserting a positive repertoire with the community, patients and other staff either on the phone or in person. You will be contacting patients over the phone and face-to-face, comfortability of interaction and mastery of the English language is required. A professional and courteous communication with caregivers, referral sources and patients is crucial. Building rapport and effective partnerships with patients and staff in all departments and at all APT locations would be a fundamental part of your day-to-day.
- Abiding by HIPAA. Patient confidentiality is critical, you will be required to adhere to strict privacy rules and HIPAA.
- Posting payments. You will be reading patient medical records, making sure to accurately post payment to the correct day, and review accounts for any credits or balances on the account.
- Invoices insurance payers or attorneys. Each patient account is notated as to who is requesting records and if payment was received.
- Follows up with Patients, Insurance Companies & Lawyers. Regarding any outstanding invoice that has not been paid within a one-month period, verify if information is still needed.
- Maintaining Daily Summary of Charges (DSC) in collaboration with Patient Administrative staff. You will contact insurance companies and case managers to determine eligibility and coverage for care prescribed on current script or progress report. You will need to be familiar with reading EOBs and pre-certifications and authorizations. You must be comfortable with communicating financial and insurance information over the phone AND in person face-to-face.
- Using good time management skills to finish daily tasks on time, and integrate other assigned duties/tasks. You will need to be extremely detail oriented and be able to track and resolve multiple tasks throughout the day. Being an extremely organized individual will be a pivotal trait in this position.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required for this position.
- Prior knowledge of medical billing & coding, precertification protocols and experience in insurance is required.
- Direct experience in medical, clinical or administrative office for 1-2 years is required, 2-3 years is preferred. A combination of directly-related education and experience will be considered.
At Advanced Physical Therapy, Our Compensation is unparalleled!
Advanced Physical Therapy takes a holistic approach when considering compensation packages. Your total compensation includes salary, potential bonuses, continuing education, insurance coverage, and paid time off. The salary for this position will be dependent on experience.
Our insurance package includes:
- Health, dental and vision insurance at 85% employer paid
- Generous PTO allowance
- Employer paid short term disability, long-term disability, professional liability
- 401(k) pension and profit sharing programs
Eligibility to enroll in our Health & Welfare benefit plan will be first of the month following 60 days of continuous employment
Begin your adventure with us today, apply online and join our fantastic staff as we strive to create an environment of wellness and healing in the communities we serve!
Learn more about Advanced Physical Therapy and the services we provide by visiting our website: